Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rough Fishing Day

The morning didn't look too bad in the harbour, but the weather man said, the seas might be a bit rough.
The couple only wanted a 3 hr charter so it was going to be a challenge to find something in that time.

Once we got to the entrance, we could see it was a little choppy, so we put the gear out & worked our way along the reef.
This morning there weren't the usual birds working just pass the lighthouse, so we headed out a little further.

The wind was starting to pick up, & the Lady started feeling sick, so we had to turn back.
About half way back, one of the lines went off, thank goodness.

The husband got into the chair, & soon had the fish on board, a small Wahoo. Now it was time to pull the gear in & head for home, as the Lady was now getting sick, think it was the fruit she ate.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Launching Searov

Well the day has come around for launching Searov back into the water.
High tide is at 6.30am so everything has to be ready before that, so she can be pushed in at the top of the tide.

At 5.00am we were down at the boat, it was still dark, but all the ropes had to be attached to Searov then onto the trailer to hold her in place while she got pushed in.

I went round with Terry holding a torch so he could see what he was doing, by 6.15 everything was ready.

This time we got another person to push her in, & this man was here well on time, so once he was in position, the push began.

This operator was so much more careful, & soon Seavor was floating, ropes came off the trailer, & she was away.
A few minutes later the trailer was pulled back out of the water, to get washed down with fresh water & put away for the next time.

Now for the cleaning up, she was parked under a tree on shore, so there are a lot of leaves in the boat, it will probably take us the rest of the morning to clean her up.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Searov Has a Paint Job

Well we have been out of the water for nearly a month now, with luck Searov will be back in the water by the end of next week.

She has had her hull painted, & outdrives all checked & is ready to be launched, but there aren't any high tides until Wednesday, at 6.00am, which is a bit early for a digger to arrive, so it has to be Thursday.

It will be great to be able to get out to sea again, to see what fish are out there, & to put a line out.